ART FROM THE RECYCLING BIN
Free art materials are everywhere! This blog is dedicated to exploring and encouraging the use of found art materials. As an art therapist who works with children and their families, I am especially interested in the possibilities for incorporating creative play into everyday family life. Using materials we find around us can make the process fun, lively, personal, affordable, and environmentally responsible. So get out there and start collecting garbage!

8/7/11

Jewelry: Dog Tag Necklace

I've mentioned my collection of rusty double loop tie wires before. I pick them all up while walking my dog Gus in Central Park. This necklace documents our mornings spent together: years worth of dog tags, wires, and other found objects. The yin/yang tag was an unusually great find! I also added some random beads from my collection. I made this a few years ago, so I have some more dog tags to add. I guess we're growing older together! If you know The Dog Song by Nellie McKay, hum it to yourself while you're looking at this necklace. It pretty much sums up how I feel about Gus.

No comments: