ART FROM THE RECYCLING BIN
Free art materials are everywhere! This blog is dedicated to exploring and encouraging the use of found art materials. As an art therapist who works with children and their families, I am especially interested in the possibilities for incorporating creative play into everyday family life. Using materials we find around us can make the process fun, lively, personal, affordable, and environmentally responsible. So get out there and start collecting garbage!

8/27/11

Another Egg Carton Purse

Another girlfriend's birthday, and this girlfriend is wonderfully wacky, so I took it from there!  I used paint, paper scraps, twigs, a few beads, feathers, recycled ribbon, and a rusty wire for the handle.




I filled it with stuff I found around my house: a tiny package of samples from my paper collection, chocolates, barrettes, snappers, a few beads (some of which she had once given to me) on an old ski pass chain.





And I wrapped it in a graffitied grocery bag.


No comments: